One of the most amazing museums of Khakassia is located in the Askizsky district, 5 kilometers from the village of Kazanovka, in the foothills of the Kuznetsk Alatau. This is an open-air ethnographic museum, which represents a traditional Khakas aal (settlement) recreated in 1996 on a historical site, where the national interior and traditions of the Khakas people, carefully preserved from the ancient times, were fully restored. The area of the museum-reserve is more than 18 thousand hectares and contains a huge number of unique samples of the historical and cultural heritage of the Khakas people.
The main purpose of visiting the museum is to get acquainted with the history and ethnography of Khakassia, to learn the meanings of ancient rituals, to walk through picturesque historical landscapes. The Khakas aal is located in an environment of bright and picturesque natural and historical landscapes. There is taiga, mountains, steppe, rivers, as well as ancient burial mounds, menhirs and petroglyphs. The “age” of many historical objects exceeds 5000 years. Perhaps the most famous and revered sights of the Kazanovka Museum are the Iney Tas rock and the white stone Akh Tas. Ah Tas is a two-meter stele made of granite, which, according to legend, treats a variety of diseases. Many lovers of antiquity come here to try to unravel the mysteries of this stone and feel its miraculous influence. The stone is located in the valley of the Kyug stream, and according to legend, it was installed about 3000 years ago at the site of a quarrel between the great old man and the old woman, the founders of the Tomnar clan, as a message to the descendants.
There are interesting ethnographic excursions and holidays held for the museum guests. The most interesting excursions that are held in the museum are “The Archaeological Past of Khakassia”, “Magical Space of the Yurt”, “The World of a Khakas Shaman” and others. It will be especially interesting to be in the museum at the main museum festival - Altyn As - Golden Grain, which is dedicated to the main product of Khakassia - Talgan and takes place annually in mid-August. You can try a treat from talgan and order Khakas cuisine specialties on ordinary days, but it is advisable to clarify this point in advance
- Cellular communication of the main operators works on the territory of the museum, but mobile Internet is weak.
- There is a souvenir shop for guests where you can buy books, souvenirs of Khakas craftsmen, tea collections and balms.
- There is a cafe serving national cuisine by reservation
- Upon prior request, the museum organizes Khakas national games - archery, lasso throwing and others, and workshops: cooking talgan.
- On the territory of the museum there are 6 guest yurts with accommodation for 2-4 people. Yurts are heated by stove heating; the guests are received here from May to September.
Link to the website: http://kazanaal.ru/